Saturday, July 20, 2013

NFNT Big Face Woody Watch Review

       

Product Name: Big Face Woody Watch
Company Name: NFNT
Company URL: http://www.nfnt.co/
Kickstarter Campaign Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nfnt/the-big-face-woody
Cost: I backed NFNT for $90 and received their 52-millimeter Big Face Woody Watch made from real bamboo that has a projected retail price of $150.


KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN RESULT:
NFNT set out an initial fundraising goal of $11,000 but received $90,000 over that mark for a total of $101,607 from 1,185 Kickstarter backers over their 30-day campaign.

The Big Face Woody -- Kicktraq Mini PROS:
- looks awesome
- light, very light: the watch weighs a mere 50 grams
- made of bamboo: an earth-friendly, renewable resource
- large watch face makes it easy to read: I went with the larger watch size featuring a 52-millimeter watch face. As a male, I love these larger watches as it makes it easier to read the time/date (yes, I know I sound old)


CONS:
- light, too light: the watch feels very cheap
- the watch broke on me, twice: the original watch I received had a loose time-setting knob, when I would retract the knob out to set the time/date the entire rod would pull out. I contacted NFNT regarding the issue and they sent me a replacement watch, two weeks later. This second watch worked great but the wood behind the face of the watch holding the band to the watch body broke on me when I was getting up from my towel at the beach.
- overpriced: if NFNT is trying to offer watches with similar price points to Nixon or Freestyle, they definitely need to step their quality up. Having a high price point gives customers the impression they are purchasing a high quality item, thats a common marketing technique. NFNT offers high price point watches but lacks the high quality items that are needed to justify the prices they are charing.
- not water-proof or water-resistant by any means. water got inside my watch body when i simply washed my hands. there are lots of photos around the web showing The Big Face Woody being worn by surfers or being elegantly pictured in the sand; I say this is false advertising because NFNT's watches should not be worn anywhere near water, especially the world's biggest body of water.


Final Rating: 3 out of 10 - The watch looks great but is of poor quality. I receive lots of compliments on the look of the watch but as soon as those people feel the watch itself they almost always mention how light and weak the watch feels. If the watch had a cheaper retail value, I would give it a higher rating but there's no way I would spend more than $50 on this watch again in the future. Great concept, poor execution. If you're looking for a badass wood watch that features both a sleek style and sturdy design, look elsewhere.







1 comment:

  1. These watches are garbage. Worst product I've received form kickstarter yet.

    ReplyDelete