Monday, July 22, 2013

Review of Sioux City Wood & Leather Watch

           
Product Name: Sioux City Wood & Leather Watches
Company Name: Sioux City Watch
Company URL: http://siouxcitywatch.myshopify.com/
Kickstarter Campaign URL: http://www.kickstarter.com/watches-made-from-all-natural-bamboo-and-oil-stain
Kicktraq Profile: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1647389569/watches-made-from-all-natural-bamboo-and-oil-stain/


KICKSTARTER RESULT:
After a 39-day Kickstarter Campaign that ended on July 9th, Sioux City Wood & Leather Watches was successfully funded after receiving $30,760 from 325 backers, $18,760 more than their original goal.

Watches made from all-natural bamboo and oil-stained leather -- Kicktraq Mini REVIEW:
Score: 9 out of 10. I love, love, love this watch. I have owned wood watches and I have owned leather watches, but this is the first time I have owned a wood AND leather watch. The concept is beautiful and the design flawless. I wear my 52 mm Bull Sioux City Watch a few times a week and receive compliments on the watch often. Every once and a while a person is amazed by the wood and leather concept, which is exactly how I felt when I first stumbled across the Sioux City Watch Kickstarter page.

I have now had this watch in my possession for a little over two months month and there is very little wear and tear, mainly on the leather which is totally fine because I think leather products look better with some aging. You can tell by the feel of the leather band and bamboo wood body along with the design on the watch face that they took their time in designing the watch. The clock mechanisms are accurate and I only had to change the time once but that was due to the time-change.

Overall, I am very happy with this watch. I am a big proponent of guy's wearing watches and I am very happy I added this watch to my collection. I have backed other watch products on Kickstarter and have been very disappointed with the product I received in the mail, such as the Big Face Woody by NFNT, but the Sioux City Watch did not disappoint one bit.

I actually met some of the Sioux City Watch team at the 2013 Surf Expo in Orlando, FL. Everybody at their booth was extremely friendly and you could easily sense their passion behind their product. Even though it was a bit of a surprise to see Sioux City watches at Surf Expo, I was not the least bit surprised to see they have been successful so far because they offer a very high-quality watch that is unlike anything else out there on the market right now.






1 comment:

  1. Slightly disappointing that after waiting a long time for my watch its quality is sub par. The pin started to pop out the very first day. A few days later the entire pin popped out and watch fell right off my wrist. I hope I do not have to wait months on end for a replacement.

    ReplyDelete