Thursday, November 21, 2013

Review of RIDEBRO Shoes


REVIEW OF RIDEBRO SHOES


BACKGROUND:
Product Name: RIDEBRO Shirts
Product Value Proposition: Eco-friendly Vegan shoe with a barefoot feel.
Company Name: RIDEBRO: Ride | Surf| Live Simple
Company URL: http://www.ridebro.com/
Kickstarter Campaign URL: http://kck.st/12hGpIQ
Kicktraq Profile: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1415842870/ridebro-eco-friendly-canvas-shoe-with-a-barefoot-f/


KICKSTARTER RESULT: 
RIDEBRO (Boca, Raton, FL) ended a 40-day Kickstarter campaign with $28,912 from 335-backers from around world. Their goal was $27,000 so they cut it pretty close but were ultimately successful.

PROS:
- shoe canvas is organic  - no animal products were used in the making of RIDEBRO shoes
shoe packaging is made from recycled material
- despite being made form organic materials, the shoe is very lightweight while also feeling very sturdy
- perfect for wearing on quick errands, walking to the store, to the beach, or any other place that you don’t want to throw on a bulky pair of shoes and socks
- the colors of the shoes are very bright and true. For some this might be a con but I enjoy the bright colors

CONS:
- the shoes run small, I would say about a size small. I wear a size 12 in EVERYTHING and the size 12 RIDEBRO shoes I got leave my toes feeling extremely squished
- the back heel of the shoe feels awkward against the back heel of my foot, almost like the back of the shoe isn’t high enough
- if I don’t wear socks with RIDEBROS, the edges of the shoe scrape/cut my heel. I hope this ceases once the shoes are broken in but that hasn’t happened yet

FINAL REVIEW:
7 out of 10: I love the idea behind the shoe, making shoes from organic materials and packaging them in recycled materials is a brilliant idea.  Not only are RIDEBRO shoes a brilliant concept but the execution was also done well.  I was very impressed by the look and feel of the shoes when I first opened the package and was excited to wear them but was extremely bummed out when I tried them on and realized how small they fit.  If you are looking for a nice looking, sturdy feeling pair of shoes that can be worn on the go (errands, beach, walk, etc) then RIDEBRO shoes are perfect for you, just be sure to order a size up!



No comments:

Post a Comment